50+ Lehenga Blouse Designs To Browse & Take Inspiration From!
BY Sakshi | 13 Feb, 2019 | 37556 views | 10 min read
Looking for the perfect blouse design for your lehenga to take inspiration from? Then there are so many gorgeous options out there, that it might just be too much to handle! A lot of brides think it is the lehenga and not the bridal blouse that has to be the main feature, but what they fail to realise is that it is the blouse that will be showing in almost 99 percent of your photos, and not the lehenga!
From simple to subtle, from covered ones to risque, there are loads of ideas there- and a lot of them that might just blow your minds! So we've put together a lot of them in one place, and there's something for every kind of bride and for every kind of lehenga! So here are our top 50+ picks for an amazing blouse to pick with a lehenga!
1. This contrasting one that stands out beautifully!
Image via @aligphoto
This Varun Bahl lehenga has such a pretty blouse which is simple in a way but stands out beautifully in her bridal look!
2. This one that's shaped like butterfly
Image via Shutterdown - Lakshya Chawla
This one by Varun Bahl was quite a beauty! Notice the unique design like a butterfly, this one is surely something we haven't seen before!
3. This one that's gorgeous beyond doubt!
Image via @rollingcanvassydney
Another gorgeous design- a deeper neckline on a choli cut blouse which looks quite nice, especially in that offbeat hue!
4. This one that's so fun!
Image via DelhiVelvet - By Divishth Kakkar
So pretty and fun, for something like the Mehendi! Looks so happy!
This one with the border below which is so nice!
Image via Shutterdown - Lakshya Chawla
The embroidery on this one is subtle, and love how the border stands out below. If you're not a fan of OTT, then this is one to consider!
5. This one that's a cool take on a white shirt!
Image via Cupcake Productions
Now that is one gorgeous and unique blouse by Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla, which might suit those brides with a smaller frame better!
6. This one is so much fun with the florals!
Image via @papadontpreachbyshubhika
Love the funky edges and the floral detailing on these outfits by Papa Don't Preach! And in such gorgeous hues too!
7. This pretty option which is risque but pretty!
Image via @bridelanindia
This Sabyasachi blouse is gorgeous if you're up to something like this! Love how fierce it is!
8. Or this one which is so classy!
Image via Anita Dongre
That deep neckline looks amazing, and we love the cap sleeves, which are sleeveless, but not quite! It works really well with embellished blouses!
9. 10. A unique modern take on choli cut!
Image via Infinite Memories
This one by Sulakshana Monga was pure love when we saw it, and looks so unique! Plus, love the work on the sleeves1
11. Off shoulder done differently!
Image via Divya & Karan (Delhi)
Love this take on an off shoulder- this one is so nice for the engagement or the reception! With the sheer neckline which makes sure it won't move around and irritate!
12. Or this one with gathers!
Image via @sonamkapoor
This Anamika Khanna creation had pretty sleeves with gathers, which works well with sheer fabrics. Notice the strings to get the gathers!
13. This one with the off shoulder which is so new for a red lehenga!
Image via Mohit Jaura Photography
A bride wearing off shoulder on her wedding day? Yes, looks good and works so well!
14. This one with the detailing and waistbelt
Image via Through the Barrel
A sweetheart neckline and the subtle stitching at the centre- plus, don't miss the waist belt that comes attached!
15. This one that slays so well!
Image via Archana & Prithwish (Mumbai)
For brides who aren't afraid to show a little extra skin, this one by Tarun Tahiliani looks so amazing and fierce!
16. This one with the wrap design that looks amazing!
Image via Mishru
This one with the wrap design looks quite nice and modern, and is a great design to consider for something like the engagement or mehendi!
17. This one that unlike any other bridal blouse we've seen!
Image via Badal Raja Company
Ever seen a bridal blouse like that? With the unique cuts and tassels hanging from it, it's quite a pretty modern one for new age brides!
18. This one that's a good frame for petite brides!
Image via Divine Mantra
The bust part on this one really stands out, and while it wouldn't be one for heavy brides, does look nice on petite ones!
19. This one with the sweetheart neckline and cold shoulder
Image via Shweta Poddar Weddings
Cold shoulders are love or hate, but that doesn't stop brides from giving it a shot on their big day! If you want to be a modern bride, then this is a good silhouette to try out!
20. This one that's dapper for a bride!
Image via @vinuthnagaridipuri
Love the length of the sleeves and the unique detailing on the bust, Plus, a blouse like this one can be worn later with even a saree!
21. This one with the scalloped raw edges that looks so different!
Image via Aashna & Bhisham (Delhi)
This lehenga by Koesch has a raw edge that looks so different and stands out! Notice the edges on the sleeves too!
22. This one with the poufy sheer sleeves
Image via Mrinal Khatnani Photos and Films
This one looks really nice on dainty and petite frames. The poufy sleeves do add a lot of drama to an otherwise sober look!
23. This frilly one which is happy happy!
Image via Evolve Weddings India
Lots and lots of frills and drama, if that's high on your list, then maybe give something like this a shot!
24. This one with the high neckline that blends in with the jewellery
Image via @ialamphoto
This Sabyasachi lehenga has a blouse that looks like has the necklace as a part of it! A great idea if you don't want the neckline to be too revealing.
25. Off shoulder cape style blouse!
Image via Harman & Rajas (Jalandhar)
This one is easy breezy, and especially nice for brides looking to mask a very heavy top! Plus, it's also great for any season!
26. Blouse with sheer peplum layer on top!
Image via The Wedding Conteurs
For brides looking to cover up, this is a great option, which looks classy, and also gives a sneak peak of the tummy thanks to the sheer layer!
27. This one that's a lovely peplum one too!
Image via Vick and Rimple's Wedding
For brides looking to cover up for religious or some other reason, peplum is a great option!
28. This one with the tassels that add so much more to it!
Image and Outfit via koecsh
So glam, especially for the Sangeet! And love how delicate they are!
29. Or tassels on the sleeve !
Image via Divya and Karan (Delhi)
Long tassels or fringes on the sleeves look amazing too, and they are something that would work well for any function!
30. This one which looks so flattering!
Image via Aanchal & Rahul (Delhi)
A Sabyasachi creation, and this choli cut is super popular with brides looking for something more flattering on the bust.
31. This one with the slight contrasting darker border which makes it shine!
Image via The Wedding Salad
Just a simple darker border has added so much more to this bride's lehenga- a great idea when you want to break the monotony of an outfit!
32. This one with the asymmetric folds on top!
Image via Puneet & Nisha (Udaipur)
This Gaurav Gupta outfit has such a delightful blouse! Love how asymmetric it is, and the fun dupatta that goes with it!
33. Or this one which is so unique!
Image via Swati Verma Makeovers
Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but if you're looking to make a statement with something different, then go ahead by all means!
34. Off shoulder with a scalloped edge!
Image via Shreya & Nikhil (Delhi)
Fierce and modern, off shoulder done this way is something that looks more like a classic style! Quite subtle and pretty!
35. This strappy choli cut with the belt below!
Image via Tania & Vidhu (Thailand)
This one is such a fun design for a Benarasi lehenga! Love how perfect it is for the Mehendi!
36. This one with the boat neck that's so gorgeous!
Image via Mahima and Reinier (Kerala)
Looks amazing, doesn't it? The deep neckline and the boat neck add so much detailing to it!
37. Full sleeves which look amazing for bridal lehengas as well!
Image via Karishma & Sean (Delhi)
While a lot of brides might not really consider full sleeves for their big day, something like this looks amazing, and how perfect would it be for winter weddings!
38. This Sabyasachi one with a high neck that slays as well!
Image via Sanaa and Parth (Goa)
Another great high neck option, which has a high neckline too, but looks so nice, even without a lehenga!
39. This one with the high neck velvet blouse with work!
Image via 2k Photography
A great idea for winter weddings, this one works on velvet and just about any other thick fabric as well! Plus, you don't need a necklace with this one!
40. This one with cap sleeves that stands out!
Image via CoolBluez Photography
Cap sleeves and a unique design, this one is simple, but looks nice!
41. This one with the frills which is happy!
Image via Mishru
A great design which can work equally well without a dupatta, thanks to all the frill!
42. Or this one with that has a jacket-like design!
Image via Makeup By Sunaina
Love this design too- it's got something so nice about it! Like the subtle neckline and the sleeves which gain all the attention!
43. This one that has a cool strappy design!
Image via Picsurely
A great sleeveless option for summer brides! So easy breezy!
44. This one with a collar that looks so precious!
Image via Rahul de Cunha Pictures
This outfit by Papa Don't Preach is so cute with that collar! Love the belt that comes with the outfit too!
45. This one that's stylish with an off shoulder!
Image via Snigdha & Ajay (USA)
Looks nice, if you're looking for strapless options, which look good too!
46. Or this one that's got full sleeves with off shoulder!
Image via @memoirz
Full sleeves with off shoulder never looked better! Its a pretty modern silhouette to consider, but the fitting has to be perfect!
47. Styled like a bustier to make an impact!
Image via Neha Adhvik Mahajan
This one like a bustier and is good for brides who aren't afraid to show some skin!
48. This one with the striped pattern on the sleeves!
Image via Picsurely
Just work around the neckline and the sleeves! The rest of it kept plain!
49. This one with the frill sleeves that's fun!
Image via EPICSTORIES
Fun sleeves which are great for a fun event like the sangeet, engagement or even the mehendi!
50. This one with the attached dupatta!
Image via Artcapture Productions
Attaching the dupatta to the blouse is a great idea for modern brides who don't like the extra fuss, and Shantanu Nikhil rock at it!
51. This one that looks special with the full sleeves
Image via Cinnamon Pictures
Embellishment all over, but one that is sheerer on the sleeves. If you're looking for a blouse with a deep neck, but without showing too much more, then this one is apt!
So done with pinning and screenshotting? Well, if you're obsessed with outfits as much as we are, then we are sure you loved loads of them! The factors involved in designing a gorgeous-looking blouse are- neck design, which involves both front and back of the blouse, the fabric used to design the blouse and the work on the blouse. But as a rule of thumb, a heavy lehenga is always matched with a simpler blouse and vice versa.