This Bride Designed The Most Picture-Perfect Wedding Outfits For Her Mother and Sister!
BY Sakshi | 02 Sep, 2019 | 8761 views | 3 min read
When we recently featured Pratishtha and Shaun's wedding, one thing that stood out for us were the amazing outfits at the wedding- not just the bride's, but even her sister's and mother's outfit which really caught our eye. And when we got to know that the bride designed not just her own but their outfits too, we were floored! So here are the gorgeous outfits and the thought process that went into designing them, right from the bride herself, who has her own label, Pratishtha - The Label !
Pratishtha tells us, "My mother has been running her boutique in Vasant Kunj, New Delhi for the last 24 years by the name of Kyara By Bharti Sharma. I started my own venture Pratishtha – The Label around 3 years ago with the love and support of my family, especially my mother. Together we created all the looks for my elder sister’s wedding a couple of years back and now all the looks for my wedding. Each and every outfit created took months of hard work, detailing, execution and could not have been possible without the support of my mother and our entire team of karigars."
Pastel Elegance was the theme for this one! As it was an Anand Karaj, all the outfits we made for me, my sister and my mother were in different pastel shades so that they compliment each other.
- Sister Of The Bride – For this one, she wore a baby pink coloured raw silk lehenga set hand embroidered with zari, dabka and sequins. The blouse was off shoulder with a key hole at the back to give the outfit a modern touch.
- Mother Of The Bride – Stepping away from the usual lehengas, we created a triple layered peach sharara set with mukaish, dabka and zari hand embroidery to give a more royal look. The set was paired with a beautiful jaal dupatta.
Simple, Vibrant yet Subtle is the style we opted for.
- Sister Of The Bride - We created a soft pastel look for this day in Pista Green colour. This was with an in cut Brocade blouse highlighted with sequins and paired with a chiffon skirt for an easy breezy look.
- Mother Of The Bride - For my mom, we chose a bright Fuschia colour in brocade; hand embroidery on the neck and sleeves of the shirt and paired it with velvet palazzos keeping the cold weather in mind.
Metallic Tones, Bling, Grandeur was the look we went for.
- Sister Of The Bride - For the cocktail function, we went ahead with a gown for my sister. We created a one shoulder satin gown for her with one full sleeve and yoke immaculately hand embroidered with geometric stones and cut dana. She paired it with a beautiful diamond set and completed the look with a messy bun and smokey eyes.
- Mother Of The Bride - My mother is usually not the types to wear a gown, so for my cocktail I was really excited to create her first gown. Rose gold shimmer fabric was chosen for the look, beautifully hand embroidered with mirror, sequins and cut dana in the same colour.
Photography by Beginnings For You.