Trending: Floral wreaths for your mehendi
BY The WMG Bride | 21 Mar, 2015 | 1099 views | 2 min read
It may have started with the Roman empire, but when it comes to Indian weddings, floral wreaths are super trending on mehendis at the moment. We think they look adorable, and if you are going for a girly, princess vibe they are the perfect mehendi accessory. Left: Bride Kanupriya (wedding feature coming soon) in an adorable floral print lehenga and a floral wreath on her hair Right: Makeup and hair by Varsha Gidwani for a pool party A brief history:
- In ancient Greece, wreaths were used to be worn on special occasions and also to honor those who had significant military achievements
- In china, wreaths were made of orange floral blossoms and meant to yield children and fertility and hence worn at weddings
- In 1960's, floral wreaths were synonymous with the hippie movement, thus giving a bohemian vibe to the look.
- Your decorator should be able to arrange these for you
- A convenient alternative to a floral wreath are thin black hairbands with flowers attached to them. You get them at Accessorize or Claires stores across the country. You can then use that as a base and attach more flowers
- While you can use fresh flowers for your wreath, most decorators take artificial flowers and attach them to an elastic band for a wreath
- Wreaths look best on hair that is wavy, softly curly and faces that are longer rather than wider
- An alternative to the whole floral wreath trend are just beautiful gold wire wreaths with metallic leaves- much like the ones worn by the Roman empire, They look beautiful, delicate and bohemian.