What Should You Look For In Your Ideal Wedding Venue? We Give You A Checklist!
BY Sakshi | 12 Nov, 2018 | 5234 views | 3 min read
So we know you are all excited for your wedding! The date has just been fixed, you're busy browsing WMG for inspiration and your Pinterest is full of saves! But before you start day-dreaming, one of the first things that you have to ensure is that the venue is decided and booked- this ideally should be done 6 months before the wedding, or as soon as you start planning! Your venue will decide a lot of things about your wedding, and before you ink the deal, here is a checklist of sorts to cross-check with!
Image via Anuraag Rathi Photography
- Indoor/ Outdoor- does the venue have your preference?
- Does the wedding venue match the look and feel of the theme that you're going for?
- Can the venue accommodate all your guests?
- What is the floating/seating capacity for the guests?
- What is the complete breakdown of the services included? (Note these down too)
- Does it have more available spaces for smaller functions like the Haldi?
- Are fire ceremonies allowed inside the venue? Are proper fire permits in place?
- Are you allowed to serve alcohol at the venue? Is the liquor license valid?
- How many other events/ weddings does the venue have on the same day?
- Can you rope in your own vendors or is everything necessary to be in-house/ from their preferred vendors?
- Is the venue easily accessible for local guests?
- In case you want rooms at the venue for the guests, is that option available and are the rooms available?
- Does it have a extra room for the bride and groom party? Does it have an attached washroom?
- Is it easily accessible from the airport/ railway station?
- Is the parking at the venue sufficient? Do they have valet?
Budget and Cost
- Is the venue fitting within your budget's limit, or upper limit?
- Are the costs for weekdays and weekends as well as day and night any different?
- What is the cancellation policy?
- Are there any hidden costs like corkage?
- Are they willing to bargain a little or throw in some add-ons?
- Is there a discount if the venue and the rooms are taken as a package?
- How soon do you have to make the down payment for booking? How much percent of the total cost is it?
Extra Things to Cross-check
- Can you get a one-point contact at the venue who is willing to help you out for anything and everything?
- What is the duration of the use of the event space? Is there a deadline or penalty for extension?
- Is the venue at a place which suffers due to peak traffic?
- Do you have the option of bringing in your own alcohol for the functions?
- Is the venue insured in case of an eventuality?
- Are there any noise restrictions at the venue?
- Are they OK with any over-the-top arrangements or add-ons that you may want for your wedding?
- In case of outdoor, does it have a backup plan in case of rain?
- How much decor does the place need?
- Does the venue also provides the furniture, crockery, cutlery and linen or do they have to be outsourced?
- How is the hygiene of the restrooms and rooms which are available for the guests from the wedding venue?
And lastly, make sure to confirm the date, the time and all the other details in a written contract before making the down payment. EVERYTHING, ESPECIALLY THE COSTS SHOULD BE MENTIONED IN WRITING.